Friday 12 November 2010

Uhhh hard question!


I think today is one of the hardest post i've ever had because i have to write about a great chilean so far (to me the biggest chilean today is my dad or mom), Chile is not so big, but besides all the famous or not really famous person... to me the greatest chilean was Victor Jara (lol, that's may sound like a cliché i know)
Almost everyone know Victor, or recognize his name so i'll put a little piece of his biography: wasa Chilean teacher, theatre director, poet, singer and songwriter.political activist and member of the PC (partido comunista)in Chile.as a theatre director, he devoted himself to the development of Chilean theatre, working with different things since the classical theatre to the experimental one, as you can see he was more than just a singer or a guy with a "very typical name just because it sounds like Violeta Parra".

I think what he did in our country during the time he was alive (remember he died, or was murdered in the 73, starting the dictatorship of Pin8shit) have no price, he gave a lot of new ways of art to this country, he made songs by his heart to our hearts (that's my point of view) and not only music, also did theatre, wonderful pieces of the national scene like the plays "la remolienda" (originally from sieveking) or "Los invasores".there's no doubt to me that victor was a great chilean.

If i have him with me, i'd ask him how would he feel been alive in our times? i imagine the answer and i can see him saying "very stressful" ajajaja but as i allways say i can think in a lot of answers and things to do with a person i would like to meet but... having the person in front of me... changes everything!

Take care all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment