Friday 20 August 2010

World press Photo 2010



Hi everybody, my task today will be about the world press photo 2010, an exhibition made in "sala arte" in Telefonica's building (in plaza italia, santiago de chile).


this photo exhibition contains more tan two hundred pictures, and in this whole contest were more than two thousand photographers and their best pictures taken during the last time.

this year had eleven categories and prices to the first, second and honorific mention.

here you can see one of the prices in categories like, "the world press photo of the year"
taken by the photographer pietro masturzo.

This exhibition open their doors to the public in july 14th until the past august 15th, i was invited to the inauguration event that was in july 13th, in that night were a lot of "socialité" as we say in chile, but almost non photographers or people relationed with the media. even the "dandy chileno" were to the event, was quite weird to see him there, but anyways, the food was amazing and the drinks too.
I remember also i went that night with my boyfriend (who was very boring and uncomfortable between all people) later i found a couple friends of mine (also photographers) so we chatted the rest of the evening.
After all this i can say i enjoyed the event, and of course the whole pictures, some of them was very gore and dramatic but other was very beautiful, and full of color and shapes, in one hour you cannot see the exhibition completely, you need at least two hours to see the look of the many guys who were "cameras by hand" taken the exact moment to bring us the emotion of the day.
I'll leave you the website so you can visit it and see all the pictures to understand what i meant.
Take care all of you!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Daniela! We talk about the same exhibition, but in different ways I think... that is great :)
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dani! It sounded a bit weird that event, with all those pseudo famous people getting in the way. But I'm glad you had a great time and that you get the chance of seeing some great pictures.
    About your post in my blog, let me tell you that I'm taking your invitation seriously, so upon my word I'll be there :)
    Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Danyta,
    Didn't you meet Lucy over there?
    You just talked about the same photo exhibition!
    I think that maybe there was a big crowd there, or as Nardy said: "all those pseudo famous people" hahahaha...
    Well, now I know you're in love, or at least in a relationship, which is very good for you! Congratulations! Even if he was bored at the exhibition, at least you had a good time and you had the opportunity to meet the best of the chilean jet-set. Sh*t! Wasn't there any photographer? Not from the press, but an artistic one? What a dissappointing date! But now that I think it more calmed down, I would have enjoyed the exhibition itself if I would had gone, maybe I couldn't have gone to the opening-inauguration (nobody had invited me) but I would had like to be there to see the pictures, which must had been great and gorgeus.
    Have a great time, Danyta!

    ReplyDelete